Saturday, October 18, 2008

Heskey eager for Anfield return

Wigan striker Emile Heskey has admitted that "a move to Liverpool would be lovely". The 30-year-old, who earned his 50th cap for England in this week's World Cup qualifier against Belarus, left Anfield four years ago after playing over 100 games for the club but appears keen
to return. "Everyone wants to play in Europe at the highest level," said Heskey. "A move to
Liverpool would be lovely. "Everyone knows that I'm in the last year of my contract so speculation is bound to happen. You just have to take it with a pinch of salt and and carry on playing. "I am just going to keep my options open and give my all for Wigan," added Heskey, who is likely to lead the Latics' line against the Reds in Saturday's Premier League encounter. "In my position I can afford to do that. I've been in putting in some good performances and people appreciate that."

No comments: